Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Did we move to the tundra?

Our month of living in the Arctic has been quite eventful.  Never a dull moment here at Yesteryear Acres.  I don't quite remember moving to the tundra but it seems we have relocated without my knowledge.  I don't think anyone will forget our frigid February!  Thankfully we are well prepared for the cold weather and have a good routine down to keep everyone toasty warm.  Tonight we are cooking up a big Venison Stew......for the doggies.  They will be treated to a midday hot meal and that always brings a lot of tail wags of appreciation. Despite the cold weather, I have still been making my way outdoors and taking walks with the doodle doggies.  The cold weather doesn't slow them down at all.  They happily bound full steam ahead enjoying every second of our beautiful snow-filled walk.
I must admit, I am not as fast on our walks as I would like! I feel like I move at a turtle's pace wearing my winter boots, snowsuit, mittens, scarf, and hat. So many layers!

I don't think I will ever catch up!
I decided to brave the cold a little longer and watch the beautiful sun set behind the snow-filled field.  I never tire of nature's beauty.  Reminds me how lucky I am to be surrounded by nature's breathtaking works of art....no matter how hard the winter winds might blow. Snow perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!