Saturday, March 28, 2015

One Last Hurrah!

Today is my son's last day of school before his Spring Break begins. We are going to go on an epic Spring Break trip! This is his last year of high school and our final vacation together for long time.  My mom is going with me and we are taking two of my son's best friends with us as well.  One of my son's friends is heading off to study Petroleum Engineering and the other friend has officially enlisted in the Marine Corps and will be heading off to Parris Island. This is their last hurrah before they all head their separate ways.  I feel so blessed to be sharing this adventure with them.  They actually enjoy my company and my mom's company and chose to do their Spring Break with us which is just awesome.  We are going to have the very best time ever!  I hereby promise to not look at my "adopted" son who is heading off to Parris Island with tearful eyes.  I will not think, this is the last time we will all hang out together to just have fun.  I will not at all think this is the last time my mom and I will have one of my kids with us on a Spring Break Adventure.  I will not think about the passing of time and how quickly everything flies by.  I will live in the moment.  I will look at my growing boy and give him a hug and go off to have fun each and every day.  I will treasure this week and hold it in my heart forever and I will be so very grateful to have been able to share this experience with my mom, my son, and my "adopted" son and their very best friend. It will be a week to remember.  Alright!  Go time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!