Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November 11 Thank You Veterans

Happy Veteran's Day.  As always, I am so very grateful for all those who have served and have dedicated their lives to our country.  Their sacrifices are immeasurable.
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
I am especially grateful for my favorite veteran - my Father-in-law.  He is my hero.  He is devoted to God, his country and his family.  He faithfully served in the Navy for for over 20 years and is one of the most loving, thoughtful and hard working men I have ever known. He is a loving husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather. Many, many, many years ago when Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I hadn't been dating for all that long, I was out in a terrible ice storm.  There were car accidents all along the road and I was really scared.  I barely made it to a payphone (it is true, cell phones had not even been invented yet!) and I called Mr. Yesteryear Acres dad.  I told him I was scared to drive and that I was stuck at a convenient store. Mr. Yesteryear Acres Dad told me not to worry and that he would come and get me.  He was in the middle of watching the Super Bowl, happily safe and comfortable in his house, and he got right up and left the game and headed out in the horrible weather. When I saw him pull into the convenient store parking lot, I knew what it was like to be loved by him. His love is unconditional and lasts forever. Mr. Yesteryear Acres dad has taken care of me just like that for as long as I have known him.  He always thinks of our family and our happiness and is always there for us. He is a beautiful person and I love him.
Happy Veteran's Day to my favorite Veteran
and to all Veterans past and present.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!