Thursday, March 14, 2019

Happy Pi Day Y'all!

IT'S PI DAY!! That can only mean one thing for Yesteryear Acres, WE. NEED. PIE! My mother was quick to remind me that last year my Dad got to choose the pie, and since he picked apple pie, it was in fact her turn to pick the pie I needed to make. We were all shocked that she picked her favorite: Banoffee Pie. (Secretly I was crossing my fingers that she would choose this pie, because it takes me about 30 minutes or less to make it, and everyone eats it like it is an actual slice of heaven, therefore I act like I took days to make it. Shhhh) Since pie was needed for Pi Day, I quickly set to work in the kitchen as soon as the farm chores were done. 
In case you are also in need of a pie for Pi Day, Here is the recipe I always use to make Banoffee Pie :)

First I melt the butter on a medium low heat

And then add the brown sugar and stir until they are mixed fairly well

While the first part of the mixture melts into each other, I prepare the graham cracker crust

Next add your sweetened condensed milk and STIR STIR STIR!

I like to switch to a whisk at this stage, because it is crucial to keep stirring constantly as you bring your mixture to a boil for about 1-3 minutes. If it sits in the pan, your filling will burn quite quickly!

You know you have nailed the filling when your whisk holds like this!

Not to toot my own horn or anything.... but It's going to be a good one!! 

Pour the filling into the crust, cover, and put in the fridge to chill for at least 2-3 hours

THEN

Slice bananas and place on pie, top with whipped cream, and EAT IT ALL  :P

Happy Pi Day!

Always,

Amelia





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!