Saturday, March 5, 2011

Do you know what time it is???

Yesterday my big plans for the double-feature movie watching marathon never happened. As always work, work, work, got in the way. Oh yes - and also mud.  Lots of mud.  It was a long muddy day. Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I crawled into bed around 11:30pm last night. We were exhausted. We said good-night and then - I was totally awake.  I mean I was so awake my eyes didn't even want to shut.  I lay there just staring up into the darkness thinking WHY AM I AWAKE? The next thing I know, Mr. Yesteryear Acres says that he was WIDE awake. He always falls asleep within 2.4 seconds of hitting the pillow, yet there he lay - wide awake.  He asked me if I wanted to go watch TV. And so we did.  We watched some of our recorded TV shows that we love and didn't have the time to watch during the week. At 12:30am, Mr. Yesteryear Acres started talking about popcorn.  Popcorn this. Popcorn that. OH how he just LOVES popcorn. Don't you love the smell of popcorn? Doesn't popcorn sound REALLY YUMMY? Mr. Yesteryear Acres never makes popcorn, he just loves to hint and hint and hint until I get up and make it because I love popcorn so much that it doesn't take much to get me craving it.  I looked at my watch and said, "Do you know what time it is??" His reply was, "POPCORN TIME!!" And he said it with a big grin.  A big I love you soooo much and really really want popcorn grin. I am sure you already guessed that I got up and made popcorn. So we had our movie after all.  Complete with popcorn. This morning we woke up at the same time we always do and we were not even tired.  Seems like we just needed a night at the movies.  Even if it was the late late late show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!