Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Job That You Love

It seems I run around at full steam every single day and hardly take a break.  Even if I did have free time, I would be probably so racked with guilt over being allowed to take a break, I wouldn't be able to do so. I read someone's posting on facebook today about how people should take one hour each day to relax and reflect and have some "me" time. That we should give ourselves permission to be "un" busy. We should allow for time to restore and rejuvenate our spirit. I was like...oh my....wouldn't that be lovely?!  Just reading that made me a feel a longing to sit and relax. I wonder what it feels like to just sit without guilt, without thinking of the list of things to do, without the weight of all that must be done pressing down upon you.  Many people assume that since I work from home, I have oodles of time.  Well, the truth is, I have doodles - so that eliminates any and all chance for oodles of time. I am always cleaning up puppy poop, and watering the puppies, and letting the puppies out, and letting the puppies in, and washing dishes, and washing puppy blankets and toys, and vacuuming floors, and working and training, and chauffeuring, and gardening, and cooking, and being a mom and being a business woman and being a wife. I actually have very little free time.  Sometimes my sister, who is an attorney, will email me and complain that she had to WORK on a Saturday. Oh NO, Not Saturday! I have little sympathy as I always work on Saturdays. Or she will tell me she worked until 7pm. EGADS!  I work until midnight almost every single night. I know she is reading this right now and thinking how hard she works - and she does - it is just that I do too. And as hard as I work - Mr. Yesteryear Acres works even harder. With all the hard work being done around here, you would think maybe we would get tired of raising puppies. The other day my son asked me, "Just what would we DO if we didn't raise puppies....I mean what would we DO???" He couldn't imagine a life without it.  He couldn't imagine having a weekend with nothing to do and in thinking of a weekend of nothingness - he was sad. He said he might like it one time - but that is it.  He loves the puppies.  He loves being with the puppies and working on the farm and always having something to do.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres said the same thing.  He loves what he does. I do too.  I honestly love it.  I love being home all the time. I love being here for my children. I love being able to have family dinners each and every evening and I love being surrounded by unconditional love every single day of my life. There is a saying, "Find a job that you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life".  I guess that is the way it is around here.  We all love what we do, and even though we are busy all the time, our lives are fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!