Wednesday, March 9, 2011

One Year of Blogging

Today marks exactly one year of blogging. One year ago today, I had an idea to write about life here at Yesteryear Acres and wrote my very first blog post. That was entry number one and now one year later, I am writing entry number 366, my first entry of my second year. I haven't missed a single day of writing my blog - no matter how busy my day is, how far from home I might be or how I am feeling. I made a commitment to write my daily blog and have kept it. When I woke up this morning, Mr. Yesteryear Acres greeted me with, "Happy Anniversary!"  I said, "Happy Anniversary of what?"  I totally forgot, yet there my husband was with a big grin on his face saying how proud he was of me for keeping our blog going for our very first year. He is making me a special dinner tonight to celebrate.  How nice is that? Mr. Yesteryear Acres is the very best husband ever. He saved some fried tomatoes from this summer and we are having that along with some other goodies. I can't wait! So one year.  One year of sharing all the ups and downs, ins and outs, highs and lows of life here at Yesteryear Acres.  Some days, I know exactly what I am going to write about. I have it all pre-written inside my head and can't wait to get it written.  Other days I have to really think about what to say.  The worst days are when I have the computer on my lap and I stare at the blinking cursor on my computer screen and just watch it blink, completely devoid of any thought or idea on what to write. Luckily that doesn't happen very often.  I usually make a point of thinking throughout the day - what would be interesting? What is funny or special or worth sharing today? Sometimes just in thinking about what is a nice thing to share, I think of several things that made the day special, which is a gift onto itself. Thinking of nice things leads to more appreciation of nice things that happen throughout the day. I have to say I have really enjoyed the blogging experience.  I love to write. I would love to be a professional writer and write for a living (along with raising sweet doodle puppies of course). I find writing to be something I passionately enjoy. Hopefully you have found some of my posts to be heartwarming or funny or interesting or enjoyable in some way or another. I love getting feedback on my posts and love reading all the comments on facebook and the blogpage.  It makes my day knowing that you have enjoyed reading what I have written. I think the best part about writing an online daily blog is that I have made some really nice friends along the way. I have made some beautiful connections - some with people I have never even had the chance to meet in person but the connection is there just the same. So my world is your world and together we walk through all the fun life has in store for us.  I think I will keep the blog writing going and continue to share my thoughts each day. Thank you to all my dear readers. Writing for you has been my extreme pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!