Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

I don't even want it to come back another day! Well at least not until it is gardening time. Once the veggies are in, it would be quite thoughtful if a nice little sprinkling could occur each evening so that the plants all get a lovely drink. I love it when it rains overnight during gardening season.  I make a big deal out of the fact that I - and I alone  -watered all the plants saving Mr. Yesteryear Acres loads of work.  I am so thoughtful that way.  As for now - the only thing "I" am watering is MUD.  I am actually getting quite tired of all the mud swamps around here. We have had our fill of rain and then some.  Today's dreary forecast had Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I dreaming of planting our garden so we went and purchased some seeds today.  We need to be prepared for our planting season! Mr. Yesteryear Acres is starting some of our tomato plants right now so we can get our full 100+ tomato plants in as soon as the time is right for planting.  I am already counting the days!  I can't wait for our lovely tomatoes to be ready for picking. The colored pictures on all the tomato seed packets had my mouth watering.  We got several packets of Golden Jubilee which were SO good last summer along with stocking up on our favorite Early Girl. If tomatoes needed soupy swamps in order to thrive - we would without a doubt have the very best garden ever. *sigh*  I hope it dries up soon. I miss the sun. I miss the sidewalks.  I miss the grass. I miss puppies that aren't all "chocolate". I miss being able to wear something besides galoshes every day. This Sunday is the first day of Spring.......I am thinking bright yellow thoughts. Maybe if we all concentrate and think of nothing but bright shiny yellow happy thoughts, spring will arrive all warm with blue skies and yellow sunshine and maybe, just maybe, it will dry up the mud so the planting can begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!