Friday, January 13, 2012

And she was there until the crinkles set in

I have to say that my slowly healing broken leg/ankle is a bit sore.  My pathetic little calf muscle is doing its very best but still has a long way to go.  I am not sure why I thought I would magically be able to walk as soon as the big heavy cast came off, but in my mind, I figured I would just sail right out of the doctor's office.  I realize now that it is going to take a little bit of time before my leg is fully functioning.  Distances that appear to be short at first glance are a lot longer once I get hobbling along. So today, when I got the opportunity to soak in a real tub filled with real bubbles and real hot steamy water - I took it.  I took it and never looked back.  Once I slipped into the hot lovely comforting luxurious bath - I almost never got back out again.  Water. Real Water.  Hot water to soak in. Bubbles to sit in. OH MY. It felt sooooooooo good.  I missed water.  I missed soaking in a tub.  I missed it sooooo much.  I don't think I have ever appreciated a tub quite as much as I did today.  My calf muscle thanked me. My healing leg thanked me. My ankle thanked me. My skin thanked me.  I thanked the water right back. I stayed in until I was nothing but crinkles!  Ahhhh. Heaven.  A bath full of hot steamy water and me.  I think I am going to have to do it all again tomorrow!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!