Thursday, January 5, 2012

That is SO not happening

My older daughter is not going back to the United States Naval Academy at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Nope.  No way.  I have adamantly stuck by this statement all day.  I am not in denial. It simply isn't happening.  All day long we stuck to the fact she is SO not leaving in the morning.  We had our "last" breakfast this morning, all the while talking about what we will have tomorrow....when she is CLEARLY still here.  We had our "last" lunch this afternoon, all the while talking about how we have the same thing tomorrow...when CLEARLY she is still here.  We watched movies as soon as we woke up, didn't pack, didn't move, ate popcorn, watched more movies because she is SO not leaving in the morning.  In fact, at this very moment, while I am writing my blog, it may LOOK like she is packing up all her stuff, but it is merely a mirage.  The huge piles of clothes, her sea bag, her Christmas gifts, her uniform, her boxes all sitting ready to go into the car is obviously a giant hologram.  Tomorrow I cannot possibly be left here all alone while Mr. Yesteryear Acres drives my daughter back to the Naval Academy. That is so not happening! Time for another movie!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain Renee! Jamie & Shelle are driving out at 5 am .... I will be sad. :(

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!