Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Hoppy Easter

Our morning started with an .....Easter egg hunt! I don't care how old you are, you are never too old to go on an Easter egg hunt! No matter how carefully and how diligently the Easter Bunny is, no matter how many hours of preparation the Easter Bunny puts into Easter morning, the actual finding of the Easter eggs takes mere minutes.  It is always a wild blur of action and smiles and laughing and it is over before the lens cap even comes off the camera. Here at Yesteryear Acres, the doggies have just as much fun as the humans do because the Easter Bunny never forgets the doggies. Sweet Potato Stars! mmmmmm.  Easter happiness abounds! We are very lucky as our Easter happiness lasts all day long. This afternoon we will share in the Easter happiness with our family.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres Mommy and Daddy and Sister and Brother and Nieces and Nephews and Great Nieces and Great Nephews and the whole bunch will be there. My older daughter is sadly away at the Naval Academy, but I already sent her lots of pictures of her Easter Basket and I plan on visiting her later this month. We will have to settle for a virtual Easter celebration for today - but I will make up for all she missed when I visit. I know she misses us as much as we miss her. We will all say a little Easter wish for her when we gather this afternoon. I just took my loaves of honey oatmeal bread out of the oven and we are almost ready for the Easter celebration. I hope that this Easter finds you surrounded by those you love and your Easter basket is full of love, joy, appreciation, laughter, smiles, hope and gratitude. I know mine always is filled to the brim. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!