Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Fun

Today was just another typical day here at Yesteryear Acres.  Lots of work - lots of smiles!  Mr. Yesteryear Acres is always the first one up and of course he gets busy the minute his feet hit the floor.  He always does the morning work - you know the fun stuff - cleaning up puppy messes, getting the newspaper, making the coffee, feeding the doodle doggies and puppies.  He never complains, never asks to sleep in and never is late in getting the puppies their breakfast.  I love that about him.  I start the day in slow motion but I always finish strong.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres has been known to fall asleep the minute he sits down at night.  Now in his defense, we usually do not sit down to relax until way after 10:00-10:30pm so he has every right to be tired.  I always do the late night puppy clean ups, letting doggies out and I get to bed right around midnight every night.  Between the 2 of us - we have the clock covered! In addition to our normal routines of caring for the puppies and doodle doggies, we always have something else on the calendar that needs done.  Today the puppies got their nails trimmed and ears cleaned and a few puppies got baths and haircuts (the back end needs trimmed on the very fluffy puppies). I have to say -they all look wonderful! I got a couple of our big doodle doggies all brushed and beautiful as well. Luckily, all our doggies LOVE to be brushed, so they usually just lie there, tails wagging, soaking up all that "OH it feels SO good" attention. Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I also managed to pick 3 bushels of apples before lunchtime, so that was a big thing to cross off the list.  Next week I will start making apple rings and apple sauce but for now, I am busy getting ready to start making our sun-dried tomatoes.  I have a half bushel of tomatoes ready to go and Mr. Yesteryear Acres informed me there are at least 3 more bushels of tomatoes to pick. Tomorrow's schedule?  More of the same with a few puppy visits sprinkled in throughout the day. Hope your Friday was full of Friday Fun!  We definitely enjoyed ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!