Sunday, September 9, 2012

I am not going to write about.....

Don't worry. I am not going to write about the continuing saga at the hotel.  I wouldn't want you to think I would go on and on about the NOT EXACTLY what I had planned weekend.  I wouldn't want you to be bored reading about the cricket that somehow found its way to my room and chirped EVERY TIME I closed my eyes and stopped the second I sat up to go find him. Nooooo. I wouldn't want to torture you with the cricket sound again and again and again ALL NIGHT LONG.  I also wouldn't want to make you read about the lackadaisical staff at the hotel that didn't care about the broken stove, non-functioning DVD player or the TV with NO sound.  I am sure you don't want to read about how they made me change rooms because they have no maintenance staff and how I finally unloaded the refrigerator, all the food from home, my pots and pans, and all my clothes from my old hotel room and got EVERYTHING loaded up on a wheelie cart only to find the new room they gave me HAD PEOPLE STILL IN IT.  I wouldn't want you to have to share the horror on my face when I opened the door nor would I want you to have to visualize the faces of the occupants of that room. Nope.  That would be too scary.  I also won't tell you how the SECOND new room was a handicapped room so it had NO TABLE at all which made eating the nice meal I prepared quite a challenge.  And finally, I definitely will absolutely NOT tell you how the electricity went out due to the horrible storms that rolled through.  You just haven't experienced a fun-filled evening until you sit in a dark hotel room with no electricity. And just in case you were wondering - the answer is no.  No the hotel didn't adjust my bill AT ALL. What I will write about is - tonight - as I was making my long drive back home - I was treated to the most beautiful long-lasting brilliant pink and purple sunset.  It bathed the entire countryside with vivid color. It was so widespread that it practically covered the entire sky. I can tell you the beauty of that sunset filled me with such awe. I couldn't help but smile the rest of the way home. Nature's Beauty. It is a wondrous thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!