Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

Today is a once in a lifetime event!  It is 12-12-12. The last of its kind for our lifetime.  All day yesterday I wondered how to celebrate such an auspicious occasion.  I wondered what to write about for my blog.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres suggested we celebrate the halfway mark - 12 days into December.....12 days until Christmas Eve. He even sang, "On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me".  He is full of the Christmas spirit.  He whistles and sings Christmas songs all day long and promptly starts the non-stop Christmas music the second Thanksgiving is over.  Our puppies know the words to every Christmas carol.  I am definitely NOT allowed to switch the radio station as it is Christmas music all day - every day.  As I was preparing to write today's blog I saw my friend post  "12-12-12 Count Dozens of Blessings Today".  The second I saw that - I knew that was exactly how I wanted to spend my 12-12-12.
So my one dozen blessings for today:

12. Doodle Doggies and Doodle Puppies - Puppy snuggles are always a blessing and so are my doodle doggie families and friends.

11. The lovely view out my back door - I have the prettiest back yard ever and the prettiest house ever.  I love Yesteryear Acres.

10. My fresh veggies from the garden - all that hard work will be SO enjoyed all winter long.

9.  My Christmas Shopping is done - YEA! Now the wrapping begins!

8.  Our Christmas Tree - it is a tree of family love. Every ornament is a heart felt smile of memories.

7.  My daily video from my younger daughter - she makes me laugh every day

6.  The fact that all three of my kids still like to talk to me.....even my big tall son.  I KNOW how fortunate I am to have 3 grown children that still talk to me about anything and everything.

5.  Christmas GOODIES! - mmmmm fudge, cookies, candy.  Christmas Happiness right there!!!! I LOVE CHRISTMAS GOODIES!

4.  The love of my family - they complete me.

3.  My Midmom friends - I would be so lost without them!

2.  My children - I love them to the depths of my soul.

1.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres - totally self explanatory - We loved with a love that was more than love.  ~Edgar Allan Poe

I hope you have dozens and dozens of blessings on your 12-12-12!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!