Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day - So Thankful

Here's a big thank you to all the loving, caring, and devoted fathers out there.  Fathers are so important to a child's sense of self esteem. Mothers traditionally get the lion's share of recognition when it comes to child rearing but a father's contribution should never be under estimated or under appreciated. When Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I had our first child, I wanted him to do things my way. "Don't be so rough... Don't play so hard....That's too scary."  I then read an article that said that the differences both parents bring to raising a child is crucial to having well balanced children. Moms and Dads do things differently and that is AWESOME. The article went on to describe all the benefits of rough housing and joking and "dad" things that really enrich a child's development. From that moment on, I never wanted Mr. Yesteryear Acres to do things my way.  Instead, I loved and appreciated how he did things his way - and more importantly - so did my children. They grew up strong and confident and they know without a shadow of a doubt that their daddy loves them unconditionally. Mr. Yesteryear Acres is an awesome dad and in return he has awesome children that love him that much back. I am so grateful that my children have the very best dad. They are grateful too! This morning, Mr. Yesteryear Acres woke up to this:
My daughter got up early to make sure she had this ready for her Daddy's Father's Day breakfast.  I think that says it all.
Happy Father's Day Mr. Yesteryear Acres.
Happy Father's Day to my dad, Mr. Yesteryear Acres Dad and all Awesome Fathers everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!