Thursday, June 27, 2013

Yay for the AWESOME Guest Blogger!

I have to say that this past week has been quite enjoyable for me. It was so fun to READ about Yesteryear Acres. I have never had that luxury before! I looked forward to the blog every day and couldn't wait to read what my daughter had written.  We had a really busy week here with the garden and getting the first hay cutting done and taking care of all the adorable puppies. I think my daughter did an awesome job as the Guest Blogger for the week.  I hope she does it again! I had a smile on my face each and every day. I think it was nice to get a different perspective of life here at Yesteryear Acres and it warmed my heart to read how much my younger daughter loves home.  Once again I feel blessed to be surrounded by so much love and appreciation.  There could simply be no better life for me! Mr. Yesteryear Acres, my daughters, my son and my doodle doggies and puppies - every day I am thankful.
And in case anyone is wondering.....
My younger daughter's cooking is really that good!  Her Ranger cookies are to die for! She also has the Yesteryear Acres secret salad dressing recipe to the ultimate perfection. Any night she cooks is a real treat for us all!

My older daughter really did keep her Mulan Barbie scroll a secret from my younger daughter.  My younger daughter desperately wanted to know what the scroll said and there was no getting my older daughter to tell her.  When my younger daughter turned 18 and FINALLY got to read the scroll....her face was priceless.  "Friendship!???!!!? That's it?  That's the big secret?!" It still makes us all laugh!

We all really do work that hard.  We start as soon as we wake up and we don't stop until it is bedtime.  We rarely sit down and we are busy every moment of the day.   I am lucky to have such great help!

Summer time - despite all the hard work - is really our favorite time of the year.  Fireflies, picnics, campfires, going to the pond.  We love every day!

My son and younger daughter really did do all the hay work!  Not only is it an incredibly exhausting day but it is hot, dirty, hot, painful, hot, and takes FOREVER.  They did an excellent job and we are all impressed!!!!

and finally......
No.  My son will not give my daughter his West Point Academy hat. Not even with the promise of baking and laundry folding and lunch making.  He won't budge ... EVEN though my daughter does look adorable in it!

Thank you my sweet adorable guest blogger.  You did a GREAT job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!