Saturday, June 29, 2013

Outdoor playtime

As it always is here at Yesteryear Acres, even in the saddest days, there is always light and laughter and love.  Last night after I was feeling a little melancholy emptying my older daughter's room, Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son had the bikes all loaded up for a family bike outing.  We biked almost 12 miles and it was just beautiful.  We have this really great bike trail near our house and it meanders through the prettiest farm fields.  You can't help but smile the entire cycling trip.  When we got home we decided to play a little baseball and that turned into playing softball which then progressed to playing football.  I have NEVER in my life been able to throw or catch a football....until last night. WHAT! SCORE!  I got one perfect spiral out there AND caught several great passes.  Of course I did the touchdown dance with every catch.  Tonight - if it stops raining we are heading out for a frisbee tournament.  I am ready to impress them all with my mad frisbee skills.  My daughter got out the hula hoops which WAY WAY WAY back in the day - I could not be beat.  Unfortunately there are one too many WAY WAY WAYs and now I can keep one going for about 3 seconds before it plummets to the ground.  My daughter's goal tonight it to throw perfect spirals (which she is REALLY excellent at doing) whilst hula hooping.   I'm going to guess she will succeed.  We will top off our evening with a batch of homemade ice cream.  Tonight's flavor - maraschino cherry chocolate chunk with toffee crunch.  Is it dessert time yet?  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!