Sunday, December 8, 2013

School or No School?

Friday school was canceled here because of the big winter storm and now I am wondering about tomorrow! I had to run some errands this evening and while I was out, Mr. Yesteryear Acres texted me that it was pouring down ice.  I HATE driving in ice.  I hate freezing rain.  I would gladly take 2 feet of snow over 1/4 inch of freezing rain any day!  It makes walking to the car a nightmare and driving absolutely treacherous.  At one point our road was closed due to all the ice.  When Mr. Yesteryear Acres told me NOT to come home and to keep on shopping, I thought maybe he was kidding.  Nope.  Not at all.  I am happy to say that I did finally make it home.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres car looks like a carsicle.  It is completely encased in ice.  I took minute little baby steps to get to our door.  I am thinking maybe the packages can wait!  Or maybe I should go get them.  Who knows.  They might be forever encased in an igloo of ice! Looks like it is time to get out the spikes for our shoes.  Anyone want to go ice skating?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!