Sunday, March 16, 2014

I love food

My son is always asking me to take these online quizzes on his phone with him.  He randomly comes up to me asking, "what color best represents you?" or "which animal are you?" or "which movie, song, book best describes your ...blah blah blah"  Honestly, I really don't care which TV character I am or which decade I should live in or what country is best for me - but I usually go along with it because I know that in a blink of an eye - my son won't be here to ask me these silly questions any more.  This week one of the questions was "what annoys you most?" Some of the choices were, traffic jams, inconsiderate people, being broke, and standing in line. What did I choose? BAD FOOD!  Yes.  Out of all the options, I picked bad food as the most annoying thing.  I mean what is worse?!!! I love food.  I love GOOD food.  We make homemade food from scratch pretty much every day here.  I take pride in that and I love what we eat.  This morning we had a TON of stuff to do and it looked as though our weekly tradition of "Sunday Morning Breakfast Feast" was not going to happen. I actually dismissed the entire notion as we were all just too busy to sit down.  That is when my son made Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I the "Sunday Noontime Too Good to be True Feast". I have to say - my son has mad culinary skills!
A little grilled corned beef, cheese and egg sandwich to make my day! Of course at this point, the competition was on so tonight I have prepared a Sunday's Best Roasted Chicken, Faro, Roasted Caramelized Brussels Sprouts AND for dessert - homemade cookies and cream ice cream (made with thin mint cookies). Mmmm.  Did I mention that I love food? Bon Appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!