Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Who Doesn't Love Company?

I have been so busy with the new puppies and catching up from my fun drive.....and then of course my fun drive right back home again that sadly my kitchen sink was a bit overflowing with dishes.  I have been just piling them up which is contrary to my usual practices.  Everything else the past 2 days has been way more important than the dishes and so...the dishes sat.  And multiplied.  And sat some more.  And then it became a kind of towering mass of dishes that looked way too overwhelming to start washing and so they sat again.  Tonight I realized that the tower must be tackled and so I began.  I was kind of feeling like UGH SO MANY DISHES but then my son came in the kitchen to keep me company.  I felt so happy to have someone to talk to and then Mr. Yesteryear Acres came in the kitchen to keep me company too! Other than having them actually wash the dishes, this was great! They had both been working really hard so they were super happy to just sit down and relax.  They both kept me laughing and smiling and before I knew it - all the dishes were done. I didn't plan on having dish washing night be such an enjoyable event - but it really was.  I love finding joy in unexpected places.....like a sink full of dirty dishes. If you look hard enough - joy can be found just about anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!