Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to School

My son left for the first day of his senior year of high school this morning.  The house just feels empty without him here.  All the doggies keep going to the door wondering where he is.  Olive is particularly lost.  She is his constant companion and has the saddest look on her face.  I hate the first day of school.  I always have.  I know some other mothers who express joy in having their kids finally out of the house but I never feel that way.  I feel that the end of summer is one of the saddest days of the year.  I love having all my kids home. I love having them around me. I miss them when they are gone as much as the doodle doggies do!  I realize my son will be home later this afternoon and I am lucky to still have one last year with him but that doesn't stop my mind from thinking...."this is the last year".  I honestly can't imagine life here at Yesteryear Acres without his presence and constant help and devotion to our doggies and farm life.  Day one....I already miss him!  This will be the longest and shortest school year ever.  I know it will be a blink of an eye when I will write, "Today my son graduates from high school".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!