Thursday, January 20, 2011

Goldilocks

Everyone knows the story of Goldilocks. Her bed was too hard, her chair was too soft, her food was too hot or too cold. Evidently....I was Goldilocks today. I could not for the life of me find the right temperature to enjoy the day.  I must have moved from chair to chair enough times to make that an official aerobic workout. "Now up and move and down and sit, and up and move and down and sit". It might be the newest and greatest exercise craze! The sun was really baking hot today. I know, I know, I have to be incredibly grateful to even have warm sun, and I was, but I am talking baking hot.  If I were a casserole, I would be fully cooked and ready to serve. There was very little breeze and I could feel layers of skin scorching off my body despite my use of 70SPF sun screen. I could only sit for a while until I became just too hot to sit any longer. So then of course I moved to the shade where for some unknown reason huge wind gusts were present ONLY in the shade and in about 3 minutes, I was freezing. So back to the sun and then back to the shade and then back to the sun. Do you want to take a guess as to whether I drove my mom crazy today? I was given a very poor temperature regulator at birth. I always wear sweaters in the house during the summer because the air conditioning is too cold. At the same time, I can overheat in the sun faster than anyone I know. My ideal temperature would be around 74* all year round. Of course that rarely occurs so I always wear layers so that I can be prepared for whatever weather comes my way. So today... I was Goldilocks. My mom willingly followed me from the sun to the shade countless times and never complained. That is true love as the shady area wasn't near the sunny area and by the time we were all set and comfortable and in the best part of our books, it was time to move back again. Luckily, I am very good company and my mom really loves her Goldilocks so all was well. We got our books read, had lots of laughs, loved the warm sun and cool breezes and had a great time. If you put the whole day together.....it was just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!