Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day!

I love snow. I love it. I love it. I love it! Snow makes everything look so beautiful.  I always hope for lots and lots of snow.  I think I must secretly want to be a meteorologist so I could spread the news of blizzards and massive snowfalls throughout the land. I never think we have enough snow and perpetually wish for at least 3 feet of snow to fall from the sky overnight.  Today's forecast called for at least 5 inches of snow.  Now 5 inches isn't exactly a massive snowfall but around here it is a most welcome snow covering. The first thing we do whenever we hear about an upcoming winter "storm" is to check the school closing lists.  I am not sure who is more excited, me or the kids.  We all want school to be cancelled so we can have an official SNOW DAY.  Snow days are the best. They mean hot chocolate with marshmallows.  They mean sledding out back.  They mean cross-country skiing and snow shoes and snow forts. Snow days mean FUN.  So this morning when we all woke up and nary a flake of snow fell from the sky, we all sighed with sadness.  The kids slowly made their way out the door and I started in on a day full of paying bills, bills and more bills. I figured I was already drowning in sorrow from the lack of snow, so I might as well do something sorrowful.  I was making very good progress when WHAT IS THAT?! SNOW!  Lots and lots of SNOW! Nice big snowflakes starting falling from the sky.  Yea!!!  Time to celebrate!  It snowed so much that school was released early. SNOW DAY!  Time to put on the snowsuits and mittens and scarves and head outside into the winter wonderland!  I have a loaf of bread baking in the oven ready for us when we come back in. Maybe we will be lucky and it will snow non-stop all night long and tomorrow will be a snow day from start to finish! I think our sledding hill would love our company. It looked rather lonely and nothing breaks a heart like a lonely sledding hill. Don't be sad dear sledding hill....we are on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!