Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Honestly, Truly, Actually, Really, Seriously

So today was honestly, truly, actually, really, seriously, going to be the day the Mr. Yesteryear Acres got back to working on remodeling/restoring our bedroom.  It has been in total disarray for about 2 years now.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres started the large project with high hopes for finishing it before the end of the summer in 2009. We have everything from our bedroom downstairs in our parlor and it is a complete and total mess.  I hate it.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres hates it. The kids hate it.  It is just a huge inconvenience and the unfinished project looms over our heads with nagging intensity.  The project was moving along quite nicely until the day I had my heart attack and ever since then, one thing or another has prevented the project from really getting started again. It is beyond frustrating, but when it comes down to the love and care of living creatures, or the comfort of having our bedroom restored.....living creatures win every time. And so it stands. Empty. Alone. Unfinished. Unloved. And seemingly unending.  Yesterday afternoon Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I came up with a great plan on how to get back on track and we were planning to start this morning at 6:30am.  I mean this is it.  THE DAY. The day to put on the painters caps and hop on the ladders and start sanding some walls! I think we may have even gone as far as to say something like, we have to have some good luck now! I believe that was our downfall.  I believe the moment we thought that our interruptions were behind us....WHAM!  Yet another delay.  Poor Mr. Yesteryear Acres. His crown on his back tooth fell off right before he hopped into bed last night.  I mean it just popped off. Honestly. So instead of putting on coveralls at 6:30am, Mr. Yesteryear Acres headed off to the dentist for an emergency crown repair. Well I guess I should be happy that something got remodeled! Maybe tomorrow things will go our way. I will have my sanding papers ready just in case we are honestly, truly, actually, really, seriously going to get started on finishing that room.  Until then, good night sweet puppies. You have been so sweet to share your bedroom with us. Maybe one day we will be old enough to get our own room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!