Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow good

Brrrr! Despite the appearance of the sun it is darn right cold outside today.  It is the kind of day that calls for at least 2 mugs of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows! If I didn't have so much work to catch up on, it would be the perfect day to crawl under a blanket, slowly sipping the mug of steaming cocoa and curling up with a good  book.  Ooooh that would be heaven!  Instead of course - I donned on my winter snow suit and headed outside to take some pictures of the puppies.  If you were to ask the puppies if it were cold outside, I think they would all say NO.  They had a blast and they all came in looking a bit like snowmen.  They collected little "snowberries" in their fur and brought the frozen snowballs into the kitchen to share with everyone.  Aren't they thoughtful?  Just about the time that all the snowberries dried on the kitchen floor, the puppies were ready to go back outside and play some more.  My kids are the same way. It is never too cold to play outside in the snow.  There are snow forts that need to be constructed, snowmen to make and hills to slide down.  I mean that is a full itinerary right there.  My kids like to make snowcones with real snow and a little maple syrup drizzled on top. Evidently the puppies thought the maple syrup was not needed:
It was particularly delicious snow.  After all the romping and playing around
I think we were all finally ready to head inside to warm up for a while.

I got all the puppies back inside the warm house and then started peeling off my layers.  I took off my snow boots, my hat, my gloves, my scarf, my snowsuit, my sweater and what do you know? I was back in my pajamas again! Maybe it isn't too late for that cup of cocoa and a book! Perhaps if I hide way in the corner under the blanket, no one will find me. Shhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!