Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day before Thanksgiving Thankfulness

Today I am thankful for the gigantic huge smile on my face.  My younger daughter came home last night and EVERY one is excited she is here.  The doggies are beside themselves with happiness.  She has a parade of doggies following her every step she takes.  They just can't get close enough.  This morning she played fetch with some of our doggies and puppies and the smile on her face just warmed my heart.  The things you miss most are the simplest things. She misses playing fetch and being covered in a pile of happy tail wagging puppies.  I miss that too.  After we were done playing with the puppies we got busy in the kitchen.  We already have a loaf of honey oatmeal bread in the oven and we also made two pumpkin logs.  Pumpkin logs are DELICIOUS sheet pan size pumpkin cake rolled up with cream cheese filling.  It looks like an enormous Ho Ho when you are finished. Mmmmm.  Just like always, my daughter was there to lick the cream cheese frosting off the whisk.  That makes me happy too.  I don't have big wishes or big dreams......I get all the joy and thanks I can ever want or need - just by having my family together doing normal family things.  My older daughter comes home tonight and all will be right with the world.  Happy Day Before Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!