Saturday, September 14, 2013

Deer Doodles

Today has been another non-stop busy day.  I woke up at O'Dark-Thirty and got the puppy mobile loaded with our sweet cute furry adorable puppies. I made sure Mr. Yesteryear Acres was all set with the GPS programmed, water for both Mr. Yesteryear Acres and the puppies, Puppy supplies, Puppy Care Packages and lots of snacks and a good lunch for the road.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres made good time getting there but there were a few delays thanks to traffic so he won't be home until well after 9:30pm tonight.  My son and I took care of all the farm chores here as well as all the puppy chores.  In between all of that, I managed to make split pea soup, homemade salad dressing, a loaf of homemade sunflower/pumpkin seed bread and 7 dozen meatballs.  I am trying to use up the last of the garden goodness and get things put away in the freezer for later this year.  I like to add grated zucchini and fresh tomatoes to my meatballs so I really couldn't put it off much longer.  Just when I thought maybe I could take a break, what did I see out my back door?  The deer! Looks like we now have Deer Doodles in our backyard.  Yes the deer are EATING the apples off of our apple tree.  There the Deer Doodles are... standing on their hind legs, picking off all the best apples.  Guess what is on the schedule for tomorrow?  Apple Picking!!! Better get out the big stockpot.  Apple sauce time is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!