Thursday, September 19, 2013

Resistance is Futile!

Last night the freshly picked apples were calling me.  They were up to no good.  They were not calling me to make healthy applesauce.  They were not calling me to make nutritious dehydrated apple rings.  They were not calling me with the intentions of "an apple a day keeps the Doctor away". No - they had evil plans.  The apples were calling me and saying things like caramel and candy and buttery goodness.  I held onto my will power as long as I could but alas I finally succumbed to their evil ways. I needed a delicious and slightly not so healthy apple fix and I needed it immediately.  What could be done?  Well......it just so happens that I had a bag of mini snicker bars in my pantry.  I sliced several apples and put them in a casserole dish. I then chopped up the snicker bars and sprinkled them on top of the apples. 15 minutes later, I removed the pan from the oven and VOILA!  Snicker apples!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmmmm.  Yes.  If you are imagining chocolatey, caramely, nutty, apple goodness...you are imagining exactly what came out of the oven.  Melted chocolate and caramel and crunchy nuts WITH fresh picked apples.  Now if you are imagining the entire casserole dish empty.......you are imagining exactly what happened within minutes of the dish leaving the oven.  I sure hope the apples behave better tonight.  I heard rumors they would be talking about a sea salt caramel dip........... Oh no!  Apple conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!! Resistance is futile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!