Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Salsa Meatballs Anyone?

Last night I was so tired.  I mean really, head drooping, feet dragging, I can't take one more step tired.  I contemplated NOT making dinner.  As in not feeding anyone and letting them fend for themselves and just give up and go to bed.  As I was mulling over how wonderful that would be, my son called me to say one of the horses lost a halter out in the field and could I please go help him find it.  UGH!  I think a little tear might have escaped as I put on my boots and proceeded to walk up and down acres of pasture looking for a halter. It was obvious my sneaking away and running off to bed plan was never going to happen.  After my fun pasture walkathon I decided I would pull from my reserve energy sources and make dinner.  I started sauteeing the mushrooms.  I had them perfect.  I added my homemade meatballs and sauteed them to a beautiful golden brown color. The kitchen was filling up with smells of Italian wonderfulness. The pasta was almost done and my mouth was watering.  I opened a jar of Yesteryear Acres freshly canned tomatoes and poured them into my heavenly mushroom meatball medley. It was then the fragrance of my Italian delight changed drastically.  WHAT IS THAT SMELL?  OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I opened a jar of Yesteryear Acres homemade SALSA instead of my tomatoes! WAH!  I made SALSA MEATBALLS!  I don't know which was worse...the fact that I ruined dinner OR the fact that I wasted an entire QUART jar of my homemade salsa OR the fact I ruined my garden vegetable meatballs!  WAH! Thankfully, Mr. Yesteryear Acres knew just the right thing to say.  He said, "Salsa Meatballs?  Ole!  Sounds delicious to me!  Who doesn't love a spicy meatball!"  For the record....the answer is me.  Salsa Meatballs anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!