Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kitchen Day

I am sure it will not come as a surprise to learn that today, I roasted quite a bit of zucchini.  I believe I now have enough zucchini to last all winter long.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres likes his zucchini sauteed with onion just long enough so that it is soft.  He could literally eat that by the gallon.  He doesn't like the onions caramelized - just soft cooked with the zucchini.  I totally don't like it that way so I am stuck making two different versions of zucchini for the freezer.  I like mine roasted on a cookie sheet with caramelized onions and tomatoes.  I cook the entire roasting sheet until the veggies are almost black and super chewy.  I can eat THAT by the gallon!  Looks like roasted veggies for dinner tonight and then some!  I have several gallon freezer bags full of garden goodness packed away in the freezer so I am now all set.  To make the day complete I made 8 pints of raspberry jam as well. I was hoping to make more but I need to go pick more raspberries.  I will have to pick even more than I thought because evidently, Mr. Yesteryear Acres needs a raspberry pie in order to make his eye heal properly.  That and homemade vanilla ice cream.  He let me know that vanilla ice cream makes EVERYTHING better.  Guess I am not done in the kitchen quite yet.  I need to get busy making the "medical prescription" vanilla ice cream. We wouldn't want Mr. Yesteryear Acres to get worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!