Tuesday, September 1, 2015

It's the little things

Going from a house filled with 6 laughing, happy, fun-filled, loving family members down to just Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I is quite an adjustment.  I would say we are doing fairly well but it isn't easy. I always think I will be fine but then I walk by Olive Doodle Doggie waiting by the back door for my son and I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I just give Olive a big hug and say I know how she feels. There are so many little things that make me miss him.  The house is certainly not the same without him. I can't even use his favorite egg pan to cook breakfast. The pan misses him too. My older daughter is deeply missed as well.  Even though she doesn't live here anymore, it is amazing how quickly it feels as though she does. She has this horrible habit of leaving the recliner chair in the opened reclined position.  I personally hate that.  I want the recliner closed if no one is sitting in it.  Well today, I walked by that open recliner and I couldn't even close it.  Not yet anyway.  I will just leave it open and pretend it is waiting for her to sit in it.  I miss my younger daughter too.  She spent so much time with us while her older sister was home - I felt like our whole family was back together again.  Some day we will all be together.  Just not today. Think I will go hug Olive again.  She looks like she can use an extra hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!