Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Your order has been canceled

For years, I had been a collector of every type of hair product you can imagine. I was born with unruly, frizzy, mind of its own, out of control, not soft at all - hair.  It was the bane of my existence all through high school.  I went to school before the advent of hair products and my hair looked as though each morning I styled it by sticking my finger in an electrical outlet.  In fact, on my first day of 9th grade in a brand new school where I had hoped to gain friends, my science teacher said, "Let's welcome our new student, who looks like she stuck her finger in a light socket".  Oh yes, he set me up for social excellence. I literally hated my hair for decades and purchased every type of mousse, gel, and cream in hopes of taming my locks.  About 6 years ago, I found a product line that worked.  I mean I don't have soft luxurious hair as shown on TV commercials - but I do have nice curly hair with a LOT less frizz! I emptied the closet full of "I wish you would work" hair products and my family was quite happy with the new linen closet that would actually now hold linens. I was down to a Smoothing Shampoo, Smoothing Conditioner and Styling fluid.  Three products.  Three perfect, I can't live without you products.  That is until.........I just found out.......they aren't making it any more!!!!!  WHAT?!!!  Upon hearing this news, I felt ill.  I felt as though I lost a loved one. I felt as though my world was crashing!  I immediately called the manufacturer.  I called the distributor.  I called the corporate office.  I called every place I could in search of my beloved hair products.  Sold Out.  Discontinued.  Unavailable.  Noooooooooo!  I finally found ONE LAST PLACE that had 10 bottles left.  10 precious bottles to save my frizzy locks!  I bought all 10!  And then this morning I received the dreaded email......"Your Order has been Canceled".  This can't be happening!  They are gone.  All gone.  So, I guess tomorrow I will remove all the linens from my linen closet and start the search for a new favorite hair product.  If you happen to see me in a ball cap - you know why.  Roseanne Rosannadanna - has made her reappearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!