Thursday, October 1, 2015

Happy October 1st

Last night at exactly 12 midnight, Mr. Yesteryear Acres wished me, "Happy October 1st".  He was quite excited as he rarely wins the late night/turn of the clock, "Happy 1st" award. He is usually sound asleep on the couch and I am the one who wins the late night welcoming of the new month when I wake him to go up to bed.  Not last night.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres was the big winner and I think he took this October thing a bit too seriously.  This morning he told me that I better dress for fall.  He said it IS the first you know!  I thought perhaps he was still all giddy from winning the Happy 1st award, but then I opened the door.  What?!!  How does fall arrive - just - like - that?!  It was cold!  I mean cold.  I had to run back in the house and change into warmer clothes to do the farm chores.  About 1/2 way through the chores, I admitted defeat. I had to go get.......
GLOVES!
Already!
And it is only the first day of the month!   
Thankfully, the beauty of the season makes the incoming cold weather all worth it.  Happy October First!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!