Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bubbles

(Dearest Daughter - do not worry....everything is OK!) Last year my younger daughter won a fish at school. That's right. One solitary fish.  She called us with the exciting news about her new pet fish.  She so desperately misses all the creatures at Yesteryear Acres while she is away at school.  My daughter has confessed to trying to make friends with the squirrels on the yard she is so completely alone without a beloved pet by her side. Winning the fish was major excitement.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my daughter named the new finned-family member, "Bubbles."  Bubbles is not the traditional goldfish one would typically win.  Bubbles is a Tiger Barb and against all odds - Bubbles is still alive.  Bubbles survived Fall Break. Bubbles survived Thanksgiving Break.  Even though Bubbles is a tropical fish, he swims around in his goldfish bowl day after day, just as happy as can be.  Whenever Bubbles sees Mr. Yesteryear Acres coming he swims to the top of the bowl anxiously awaiting his fish food. Each Thursday, I clean the fish bowl.  I give Bubbles new water and he thanks me.......except for last Thursday.  Last Thursday, Bubbles JUMPED out of the cup and into the sink! HORRORS! How do I tell my daughter that Bubbles wanted to go down the drain?!?!?!?  She has entrusted me to care for Bubbles while she is away in Europe this semester.  I immediately picked up Bubbles as quickly as I could, but Bubbles was totally NOT happy.  He kind of sort of floated/swam/sunk the rest of the day.  When I woke up the next morning, I expected to see Bubbles upside down. He was still hanging in there but Bubbles was definitely not his normal chipper self. He kind of floated with his tail end up. It was not looking good.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres decided that he would take over the care of Bubbles. Mr. Yesteryear Acres has changed Bubbles water almost every day this past week.  He has not let Bubbles JUMP out of the cup.  He has not let Bubbles go down the sink drain. He has talked to Bubbles and checked on Bubbles.  I am happy to say that Bubbles is no longer floating/sinking.  Bubbles is back to swimming! Mr. Yesteryear Acres is so happy.  I am so happy.  Bubbles is so happy.  When I checked on Bubbles today I heard him singing, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do? We swim, swim swim." Good ole Bubbles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!