Thursday, April 11, 2013

Excavate the House Thursday

Remember last week when I SKIPPED "Clean the House Thursday" in lieu of doing the ever so fun taxes?  BIG mistake.   That made TWO Thursdays in a row that I missed my weekly "clean the house Thursday" chore.  The week before was spring break and I decided to "gasp" do something FUN with my son rather than clean. When I started to tackle the house today, I realize that today was not "Clean the House Thursday"!  Today was "EXCAVATE the House Thursday!" In the past 2 weeks Mr. Yesteryear Acres has managed to dump his stuff ALL OVER THE HOUSE.  My son has managed to dump his stuff ALL OVER THE HOUSE! Yes they have been moving rocks.  Yes they have been doing farm chores.  Yes they have been reinforcing the pond wall. Yes they have been busy.  I heard alllllllllll the excuses today.  My son's room looked like a.....well I don't even know how to describe the dirty laundry carnage.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres has been making the dining room his dumping ground.  They are just TOO tired to have their socks actually make it to the laundry room. ARGH!  Well today Mother Nature was ON MY SIDE.  She made it rain.  And rain.  And rain some more!  So NO ROCK MOVING today!  Instead Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son moved dirty laundry.  Then they moved clean laundry.  And they put away their boots and gloves and rock equipment.  And our house was cleanly excavated.  Clean the house Thursday.....SUCCESS! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!