Friday, April 19, 2013

MITTENS! How I MISSED YOU!

Earmuffs. Check.  Scarf. Check. Gloves. Check. Layers and Layers and Layers of sweaters. Check! In complete contrast to yesterday's beautiful weather, winter apparently decided to come back for the day.  This morning it was still warm and kind of balmy outside.  I had on a short sleeved shirt when I let the puppies out this morning.  By lunchtime, my teeth were chattering!  The puppies teeth were chattering!  They looked at me as if to say, "Who turned the Air-conditioning on full blast!?!"  What kind of cruel joke is this?  I have a dear friend who lives in Kansas and just the other week we joked that she needed to wear summer sandals on one foot and arctic boots on the other. I believe her weather turned from 80*'s to -3* in less than 24 hours.  I guess when I was laughing and joking and telling her to wear a swimsuit AND a parka, I shouldn't have laughed quite so  hard.  Looks like it is our turn now! I suppose I better go finish suiting up for my daily walk with the doggies.  I will do my best to pretend that I missed my mittens.  The good news....no chance for me to get overheated today! I bet even the doggies don't think about swimming in the pond with this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!