Sunday, April 7, 2013

Who Doesn't Like Christmas in April?

Yesterday Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I finally got to use two of our Christmas presents!  It was like Christmas in April!  Mr. Yesteryear Acres surprised me on Christmas morning with a beautiful purple beach cruiser bike. It had a big bow on it, an adorable pink basket and a water bottle holder. I felt like a 5 year old on Christmas morning when I saw the big beautiful bike all for me.  It was the most thoughtful present and I loved feeling like a kid again.  I have been anxiously awaiting nicer weather so I could finally take my new bike out for a ride. Yesterday, Mother Nature smiled down upon me and I took that beautiful bike out for a spin.  It is so nice and has the smoothest ride ever.  I can't wait to go back out again! While I was out riding, Mr. Yesteryear Acres sent me a "Merry Christmas" message that made me smile from ear to ear.  I decided that Mr. Yesteryear Acres needed a Merry Christmas day as well so around 9:00 last night, I made a batch of homemade vanilla ice cream AND homemade cookie dough. Mr. Yesteryear Acres got an electric ice cream maker for Christmas.  It only makes 1.5 quarts of ice cream at a time - and well if you know anything about everyone here at Yesteryear Acres - you know that equals one serving! HA! Since we have been downsizing our portions, the 1.5 quart ice cream maker has been looking more appealing.  No ice to buy.  No rock salt to buy.  No mess to clean up.  I decided to break out the new ice cream maker and give it a whirl.  OH MY GOSH! It was AWESOME! From start to finish (including making the ice cream mixture) I had fresh homemade vanilla ice cream served in a bowl in less than 30 minutes!  While the ice cream was mixing, I had time to make chocolate chip cookie dough too!  I don't want to say that we are big ice cream eaters or anything but.....we had no leftovers!  It was SO good!  Who doesn't like Christmas in April!!!!  Ho Ho Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!