Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hospital Day

Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I sadly had to end our weekly "date" day as we have too much work to get done.  I went to visit Mr. Yesteryear Acres Mommy at the hospital while Mr. Yesteryear Acres stayed at home to care for all the sweet doodle doggies and puppies.  He was sad not to be able to go and I was sad that I lost my "date" but the puppies were super happy to have Mr. Yesteryear Acres at home.  I got to the hospital this morning right before the horrendous thunderstorm. That was awesome timing on my part! The skies literally opened up within seconds of me reaching the front door.  There are no windows in my mother-in-law's hospital room so she never knows what the weather is.  I had to let her know that it was POURING.  We chatted for a while and she looked so tired I suggested she just close her eyes for a few minutes.  She was really exhausted and fell asleep within seconds. Luckily, Mr. Yesteryear Acres Daddy showed up so I was able to have a nice long visit with him. It seems I need to get busy on making more meals for him.  He is almost OUT of food! I am going to have to start cooking tomorrow! Once Mr. Yesteryear Acres Mommy woke up, we had time to do video chats which was a LOT of fun.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres was first and it was as if he were sitting right there with us.  He got to do the hospital visit after all!  We then got to video chat with my younger daughter!  It was almost 9:00pm her time (in Europe) so she was in her room and available to chat with us.   Mr. Yesteryear Acres parents haven't been able to talk (or see) her since she left for Europe in early January.  It was a great treat! I am not sure who treasured the video chat more.  It was clear that it brought joy to everyone. We decided to try to video chat with my older daughter and as luck would have it, she was able to chat too!  Her training at the Marine Corps base ended a little early today so she got to do the hospital visit as well.  Before I left for home, we were able to set up a video chat with my son so ALL of the Yesteryear Acres clan visited today!  It made for a perfect hospital visiting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!