Sunday, April 14, 2013

Food Care Package of Love

Mr. Yesteryear Acres Dad has completely run out of food and I just can't have that happen.  Having his wife in the hospital since early March has taken its toll - on him and everyone who loves her. Every day we hope Mr. Yesteryear Acres Mommy gets well enough to come home.  She still is on NO food and NO water.  It feels like this has been going on forever.  I know for sure it feels like forever for her! I have been busy getting a food care package ready for Mr. Yesteryear Acres dad.  On the menu:  Pork and Noodles, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Garlic Bread, Vegetable Soup, Hamburgers, BBQ Ribs, Banana Berry Pancakes and veggies!  I also made his lunch for today and for tomorrow.  He hasn't been eating very healthy lunches so I figured he would like a nice big sandwich with baby green beans, sliced cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cheese and turkey. I love baby green beans on my sandwiches!  While I was busy making the sandwiches for Mr. Yesteryear Acres Dad, I ended up making one for Mr. Yesteryear Acres, my son and my son's friend.  I guess the sandwich shop was open for business!  My son was nice enough to drive over the care package and help his grandpa out with some chores. I am already busy starting on the next care package - in the oven I have big roaster chicken, roasted brussel sprouts AND a loaf of Honey Flax Pumpkin Seed bread.  Gotta keep those Yesteryear Acres family members fed!!! Care Packages mean love!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!