Friday, April 25, 2014

Dinner for Two?

My son is busy enjoying his Candidate Visitation weekend at the Naval Academy which leaves Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I home alone. Well not exactly alone because we still have doodle doggies and doodle puppies all around us but the house seemed extra empty today.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres thought so too. Tonight I have to cook dinner for two.  I don't know if I remember how to cook a meal for only two people! I am used to cooking gigantic size portions. Cooking for two?  How does one do that? I started getting out the ingredients when I realized, I had way too much on the counter.  Then I started thinking about what it will be like when my son leaves for college. I definitely am not ready.  I am already missing cooking for him. I am already missing him walking in the door. I am already missing his witty banter. Mr. Yesteryear Acres misses him too. We have decided to make the most of our son's absence.  For dinner tonight we are cooking up something spicy.  My son hates spicy food and we love it.  We are going to prepare some Thai Soup of FIRE and make it extra extra spicy.  My son will be so glad he doesn't have to eat spicy food and we will be so glad to have a chance to enjoy it.  Then after dinner maybe we will watch one of the movies that my son would rather not sit through.  There.  Evening plans made.  Now what will we do tomorrow?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!