Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mommy Time

I haven't seen my younger daughter since Christmas break and so when she called me to say she needed some Mommy time, I quickly agreed to a weekend visit.  I left Yesteryear Acres this morning at O'Dark-Thirty and drove straight to her school.  I was there when my daughter woke up this morning with my car full of goodies from home. As soon as we saw each other, the hugging began and the smiles never stopped all day long.  We have spent the day talking about everything and have had the very best time.  As the day drew to a close, it was clear that I couldn't turn around and drive back home quite yet.  My daughter even said her heart would break if I left that quickly.  She offered to sleep on the floor and give me her bed in her dorm room.  As sweet as that offer was......I am WAY too old to do the dorm night sleep over.   I mean walking all the way down the hall in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, just doesn't sound like that much fun.  I decided to get a hotel room and now we both have beds and are having a hotel sleep over!  Excellent decision!  Now we can chat all night long!  Good thing I brought popcorn.  Slumber party time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!