Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sleeping Beauty

I awoke early this morning to the pleasant sounds of silence.  In the bed right next to mine lies my sweet younger daughter.  She is sleeping soundly and the feeling of complete and total peace and happiness is all around her. I am pretty sure that if I were to look closely, I would see a smile on her face.  She hasn't had a good night's sleep in quite some time.  Her job as an RA means that many nights, residents knock on her door or call her on the phone for help.  The heater in her room hasn't been working so she has been miserably cold for weeks. Add the normal heavy study load of a college student and the thin plastic covered mattress that serves as her bed - well sleep is never quite blissful.  That is until right now.  Last night as we crawled into bed and she put on her new pajamas that I brought for her, the smile on her face was so bright and beautiful. She was so excited to have a big bed all to herself in a nice quiet dark room.  I think she fell asleep before her head hit the pillow.  It looks as though she hasn't moved an inch all night long too.  Just one smiling soundly sleeping blissfully happy girl. My heart is happy....my little girl is well fed, well rested and of course as everyone knows......well loved. Sleep well my sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!