Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Last Day of April

This morning Mr. Yesteryear Acres was quick to point out that it was the last day of April.  What? Huh?  How did that happen?  How did an entire month fly by already?  I know time flies when you are having fun but it also flies when you are really busy. It flies when you are engulfed in work.  It flies when you are relaxing or laughing or worrying or resting or waiting.  It just flies.  There is just one more month of school left for my son.  There is just one month left before our big summer projects begin.  We haven't even finished the planning of the projects and now the time is here to actually work on the projects.  The biggest project of the summer is replacing our entire roof.  That is going to be one long hard project.  I will be so glad when it is all over but I fear it will take several weeks of long days before it is all done. We still have so much to do to get ready for the roof so I guess I am glad that this is the last day of April because April Showers Bring May Flowers.  That means that technically it should stop raining tomorrow.  Flowers should bloom.  The ground should dry up and no more torrential downpours should occur. We can get out on the roof and get all the work started.  I hope the April Showers adage is true.  I think most of us are a little overwhelmed by the drenching non-stop rains.  Summer is right around the corner!  May starts tomorrow!  I am ready for the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!