Saturday, November 15, 2014

Nov 15 - Candy Thanks

As I was sitting at my computer desk, eating a delicious strand from my Cherry Twizzler, pondering just which of the many things to be thankful for today, it occurred to me.....Candy!  I am thankful for candy!  Now I know that seems like such a silly thing to be thankful for, but to me, having a delicious assortment of candies in my home brings me happiness.  When I was growing up, we never had candy.  The closest treat my sister and I ever came to was our Flintstone vitamins.  The few times we got to go trick or treating, we saved our precious pillowcase of candy and made it last all year long. Candy was such a rare but ever so longed for treat, I dreamed of a day when I would be able to have a Willy Wonka candy experience.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres understands my childhood obsession with sweet treats and has come to accept my need to have 12 different flavors of gummi bears as well as Tutti-Frutti Jelly Beans and Cherry Twizzler Pull and Peel and Wild Cherry Sour Rings surrounding me. I have half-gallon glass jars filled with candy and it kind of looks like an old-fashioned penny candy store. I just love looking at them.  The truth is the candy jars hardly ever need refilled as it isn't so much the eating of the candy that I love so much as it is the opportunity to eat the candy whenever I choose. My Willy Wonka dream has been fulfilled.  Jelly Bean anyone?  I have lots to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!