Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Nov 4 - Thankful for Right to Vote

As soon as my son came home from school today we got in his truck and he drove us to our polling location.  It was quite the momentous occasion as today was the first time my son was old enough to vote. We both studied all the issues and candidates beforehand and had our decisions clearly made so that my son could walk into the polling place fully prepared to cast his vote. The right to vote is not something we take lightly.  It is an honor and a privilege. Even if the vote doesn't go the way you hoped it would, at least you were able to cast your vote and let your opinion be heard. There are citizens of other countries that can only dream of such a luxury. To be a proud American also means to be an American who exercises their right to vote.  I am thankful for that right.  I am also thankful that I got to vote today with my son.  
We voted!  Did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!