Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Half-Way There

I may have mentioned that Mr. Yesteryear Acres LOVES Christmas.  He is Mr. Christmas.  He loves everything Christmas.  The second Thanksgiving is over.......it is CHRISTMAS time.  I love his childlike enthusiasm for the holiday and I love how much he loves Christmas.  I have just one teeny, tiny, complaint.....
Mr. Yesteryear Acres plays Christmas music NON-STOP.  As in
What is playing in the living room?  Christmas Music
What is playing in the kitchen?  Christmas Music
What is playing in the puppy room? Christmas Music
What is playing in the car? Christmas Music
What is playing on the porch? Christmas Music
What is playing in the barn? Christmas Music
What is Mr. Yesteryear Acres whistling??????? CHRISTMAS MUSIC!
I have come to the conclusion there are precisely 16 Christmas songs. 16 Christmas songs of varying creative differences and that is it.  That is the total and complete playlist permissible on radio stations. "Mary Did You Know that All I Want for Christmas is You, a Hippopotamus, my Two Front Teeth and I Will be Dreaming of that White Christmas because Baby It's Cold Outside so Hurry Down the Chimney Tonight!"  Now don't get me wrong. I love Christmas music.  It is just that Mr. Yesteryear Acres LOVES CHRISTMAS MUSIC so it is on allllllllllllllll day long. I can't escape.  The second Mr. Yesteryear Acres goes outside to do some farm work, I turn off the radio. Ahhhhhhh.  Silence.  As in Silent Night. ACK!  Mr. Yesteryear Acres turned the radio back on! I can't escape! I am half-way there.  On January 1st, we will sing, "And A Happy New Year" and on that final note......I shall change the radio station and sanity will once again be restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!