Saturday, November 10, 2012

Date Night - Thankfulness Day 10

Oh I am SO thankful that tonight is going to be Date night for Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I!  Mr. Yesteryear Acres is going to come IN THE HOUSE by dark time tonight.  He is going to STOP working when the sun goes down.  I can't tell you how thankful I am for Daylight Savings time.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres has NO idea how late it is until it is pitch black outside.  During the summer months, he is never inside before 10pm.  Now that Daylight Savings time is upon us, Mr. Yesteryear Acres gets the hint that it is getting late as early as 7:30pm!  Miracle!!! If we lived in the Land of the Midnight Sun - I probably wouldn't see him for months!  He is definitely a hard-working man.  I am usually just as busy inside so it is rare for either of us to actually sit down before 10-11pm at night. Well tonight, we have officially declared it a night off.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres is going to make his special Steak dinner and then we are going to watch a WHOLE movie.  That's right.  An entire movie from the opening credits to the final ending.  In one evening.  We are going to have popcorn!  We are going to have ice cream! We are going to have a date night!
And what I am really thankful for is that after 25 years of marriage, I know that even though I just wrote that we are going to have an official date night with popcorn, ice cream and a movie..........Mr. Yesteryear Acres will fall asleep on the couch right next to me within 15 minutes of the movie starting. But he will be there and I am so thankful for that. He will be there right next to me and even though he will probably sleep through date night - I wouldn't have it any other way.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres is the best movie watching, popcorn eating, ice cream loving, date night companion I could ever ask for.  AND no matter how many times he has seen a movie.....it always seems like a new movie to him! Ha ha ha! All right sunset.....I AM READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!