Monday, November 19, 2012

Just What I Wanted to Be - Thankfulness Day 19

When I was a little girl I had a Great Dane doggie bestest buddy.  She was the best dog you could ever ask for.  I knew way back then that I always had to have a doggie best buddy in my life. A doggie's endless unconditional love is one of life's greatest pleasures.  When I was in college I worked at a Pet Store as an assistant manager.  I LOVED the animals.  I loved being with the animals.  At one point I considered not finishing college as I was offered the manager position but there was something just not as fulfilling as I wanted it to be working at the Pet Store.  I decided to pursue my degree and after a while, I realized that the Pet Store wasn't for me.  It was because I loved the animals so much, that I couldn't work there anymore.  I couldn't stand the cages. I couldn't bear to see the puppies arriving in the store that were WAY too young to be separated from their mommies.  I also couldn't deal with the financial status of the pet store being more important than the health of the puppies. I had to part ways. Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I talked about how much we loved dogs and how we would love to be surrounded by doggie best buddies. Almost 20 years ago we bought our very first Labrador Retrievers that we named "Ozzie and Harriett" and they were GREAT dogs.  We raised Labrador Retriever Puppies for many years and then we fell in love with Labradoodles and decided to raise doodle doggies.  We now have Labradoodles and Goldendoodles and Double Doodles. It is DOODLE HEAVEN here!  I could never ask for a better job in my whole life. Spending my days raising Doodle Doggies is just what I wanted to be when I grew up! I am ever so thankful that I have the best job in the whole world.  I get to be with my family.  I get to live at Yesteryear Acres. I get to spend my days surrounded by doodle doggie love!!!! Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I are so thankful.  It is just what we both wanted to be.
Here are a few of the cuties here for this week's Monday Puppy Picture Update
Playing outside is SO FUN!

We get to play chase the leaves

and take potty breaks like good little puppies

and POUNCE on our littermates

and chill out and soak up the sun's warm rays

and play keep away. MY LEAF!

And give high fives!

We are too little so we just snuggle

But it won't be too long before we get to play leaf chase too!
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!