Friday, November 30, 2012

The End of November

 I hope the month of Thankfulness November has been a good one. It was a great thankfulness month here at Yesteryear Acres.  There have been big special moments when we were a Party of Five gathered around the table laughing and enjoying each other's company, busy moments filled with cleaning and fixing and baking, wonderful moments with new little puppies being born into the world and lots and lots of little moments.  The little moments in between are my favorite.  They are the quiet things that can easily be overlooked. They are the usual and ordinary things that might not feel special but when you look backwards through your life, you realize that your life is really comprised of all the little things. The best thing about writing a daily blog, or remembering to be thankful every day is that every single day you look for things that bring you joy. You stop to think - just what made me smile today? What brought me happiness? If you spend a little time every single day looking for joy and thankfulness, you might be surprised by how much you have to be grateful for. I find joy in all the little things.  Doggies that follow me around the house with their tails wagging, a delicious dinner with the people I love, looking out the window and watching the deer frolic in the woods, putting on warm socks right from the dryer, getting funny texts from my son or I love you texts from my daughters. Sometimes it is something as simple as catching a glimpse of Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son working side by side fixing a tractor or loading a trailer. I see so much of Mr. Yesteryear Acres in my son and when I see them working together, I just smile.  I know how much we will miss my son when he heads off to college.  The moments they share together now are so precious to me and I am grateful for every single one. Thank you month of November for bringing so many happy moments to my life. Tomorrow morning when I wake up, I will hurry and try to beat Mr. Yesteryear Acres on the "Happy December First"  and then I will be ready for all the joy and happy moments of our beautiful holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!