Friday, November 2, 2012

Kindness - Thankfulness Day 2

Today I am so thankful for kind and thoughtful people.  Being thoughtful and kind really doesn't take too much effort.  Smile every day.  Think of how you would like to be treated in each situation you come across.  Be thankful.  Be grateful.  Be polite. For those people who are kind - thank you. You make the world a better place. I try to be sure to be kind and thoughtful to everyone I meet.  I always smile. I always say thank you.  For those people who work as waiters and waitresses, bank tellers, grocery store clerks, etc. I make sure I call them by their name and tell them I appreciate their service. I try never to be on the phone when I am checking out at a grocery store. I think the cashier deserves a little kindness and a "How are you?" and "thank you".  When people are kind to me - I appreciate it.  I never take kindness for granted and I always appreciate it when I am on the receiving end. In watching the tragic events of the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy - even in the depths of despair - kindness still lives.  Kind people that put out extra electrical strips so others can charge their cell phones, kind people that open their doors and feed others that are hungry, kind people that go out of their way to help strangers by bringing food, diapers - anything and everything. It is evident that the world is filled with kind people. I would like to take a moment to extend our kindness here at Yesteryear Acres.  I am making a trip to Maryland next Friday. If any Yesteryear Acres Puppy Family or friends of Yesteryear Acres Puppy Families need supplies or food or bottled water- please let me know.  I have room in the Puppy Mobile. Let me know if we can help! The puppy mobile/emergency supply mobile is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!